Where does your enterprise stand on the AI adoption curve? Take our AI survey to find out.
Everyone wants another Kid Icarus, we know. But what about Nintendo’s other classics? Like, say, Mach Rider? Or Clu Clu Land? Or Urban Champion? Or…wait, did we say “classics?”
• Want a new Kid Icarus? Hold your halos. Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto told Nintendo Power that he is asking impatient Nintendo fans to “wait, please” for the next Kid Icarus. OK, let’s try this out: waiting. Waiting. Ah, to hell with this. [GoNintendo]
• CliffyB into waving arms, just wants to care about it. Outspoken Gears of War designer Cliff Bleszinski says he’s thinking of ideas for Microsoft’s spaz-happy Project Natal doohickey, but believes he will stick with traditional controllers for the near and distant future. Yeah, like pushing a button is as fun pantomime-sawing the air. Joysticks are for babies. [Develop]
• Tecmo Koei worried wannabe ninjas will suck for real mimicking fake ninja movements. Tecmo Koei CEO Kenji Matsubara told CVG that he’s worried translating the complex movements of his company’s action-packed games like Ninja Gaiden and Dynasty Warriors will be difficult for both Microsoft’s Project Natal and Sony’s Wiinis Stick. And completely unrealistic, too — no man will ever be able to simulate the breast physics in Team Ninja games [CVG]
• BioWare wants us all to just talk it out…for a really long time. The guys behind blabber-happy Mass Effect tell GI.biz that they fancy a future with no violence at all. Um, what’s their boggle? We’ve seen the future, and Demolition Man proves violence does indeed solve everything. But the three seashells idea needs to get flushed. [GI.biz]
Hit the jump for some video blips, including an innovative streaming service with a ridiculous name, grilling burgers in Madden, Devo fighting Space Invaders , and…more.
• Gaikai sounds stupid, but is actually awesome. The service will apparently let you stream games over the Internet.
• Working out with a friend in EA Active is hot. Well, technically.
• Watch people grill burgers in Madden NFL 10 trailer. There’s also some football, too, if that interests you.
Got any hot news tips? Send ’em over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties