As VentureBeat expands, we’re looking to hire a full-time Web developer to help build out some of the coolest projects for an online news site. Here are some of the qualifications and responsibilities:
- Must be a self-starter with intimate knowledge of web development, who is able to learn quickly, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and drive results within a team through excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills;
- Must have experience on the WordPress platform;
- Discipline in testing and quality assurance;
- Ability to produce easy to use, intuitive user interfaces from prototypes and wireframes, and lead the development for design (experience building consumer web application interfaces);
- Command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility;
- Knowledge of interaction design principles;
- Ability to think critically and provide recommendations for solutions or improvements;
- Meet regularly with product team to discuss release schedules as well as product strategy;
- Apply social media tools and channels (WordPress, Twitter, Facebook);
- Manage the technical platform for the site, including hosting, coordinating with outside developers.
- At least 3 years professional web development (including dynamic database driven sites);
- Translating comps and wireframes into flexible and usable code templates;
- Rapid prototyping of new products and features
Ideally the candidate will also have the following:
- Visual design skills;
- Database knowledge (MySQL)
- Basic SEO knowledge;
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other tracking tools;
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Describe three improvements you would make to VentureBeat if you were given two weeks to make them.
- Describe your most recent work: methodologies, sources, guidelines, and tactics you employed to improve the project. Please provide a description of the actual result and how many of your ideas were implemented.
How to apply: Submit your resume to email@example.com with subject line “developer”