Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
Poor fall — everyone is leaving you. Don’t worry, we still care. Until January 1st, that is.
• Oh, not again: MAG delayed until next year. Yep, Sony’s ambitious 256-player shooter will be not coming out this fall, but will instead be hitting stores on January 26th. Sweet! That gives us a few more months to make enough new friends for a full game. We’re almost there — only 255 more to go! [1UP]
• APB not ready for commitment; will require no monthly subscription fee. Even though APB is a massively multiplayer online game, developer Realtime Worlds confirmed it will not charge a monthly subscription fee. Good for us, because we can’t even remember to feed our cat. Speaking of, we haven’t seen her in a while. Mittens? Here, Mittens. [Eurogamer]
• EA lost some developers because of waggle, out-of-shape mommies. EA Sports head honcho Peter Moore told folks at the Edinburgh Interactive conference that it lost some developers who weren’t keen on making games for the casual consumer. Shame, too, considering EA is currently making a killing with EA Sports Active. See hardcore developers? Shooting people got nothing on elastic military presses. [Develop]
• Vote for the next old game to play on your 360. To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Sega Genesis, Sega is having an online poll to vote for the next classic 16-bit game to be added to Xbox Live Arcade. We’re personally waiting for Sega Genesis Collection to get added — now that’s an awesome game! [Kotaku]
Got any hot news tips? Send ’em over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties