Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
Back in the day, video games obviously looked fake. Unless you really thought this looked like a dragon and not a menacing quacker. If so: glasses — they work wonders.
But now games are just getting so realistic that it’s hard to distinguish them from real life. For instance, just check out this shot of the newest Pac-Man [via GameSetWatch]:
Isn’t this amazing? Why, it almost looks like people dressed up in Pac-Man costumes. Almost.
Continue after the break for more could-be-real video game shots.
Oh, and if you haven’t already noticed, these are photographs from photographer Patrick Runte. Sorry for lying.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties