Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Booyah makes a web and iPhone-based game that lets you earn points by achieving things in real life — like going to the gym, learning how to cook more recipes, etc. — and then share this information with your friends and others to keep motivation running high. Today, the Palo Alto company announced that it raised $5 million in a second round of funding, according to a filing with the SEC.
While Booyah did not list the investors participating in the recent round of funding, it did previously raise $4.5 million from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. The company, founded by Blizzard Entertainment veterans, released its iPhone application at the end of July.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties