Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Facebook did go through with the big top-down overhaul we reported on earlier. This could have significant implications for the way top-performing games attract new users through the system. (If you want the full live-blogged version, it’s here.)
- Facebook is releasing an open graph API that can turn regular pages into Facebook Fan Pages. They can appear in a user’s profile and publish into their stream.
- Notifications are going away.
- Requests (for example, to join games) are being shuffled into the inbox.
- The boxes tab on a user’s profile is going away.
- It sounds like Facebook is going to more aggressively police applications that don’t comply with the company’s policies. They’re getting rid of the Verified Application Program, which gives apps a special certification if it meets special standards, as a standalone program. Instead, they’ll be applying those standards to all games and randomly checking ones of a certain user size for compliance.
- There will be a new applications dashboard and a games dashboard. The dashboards will have ‘counters’ that show when it’s time to take an action inside a game.
- There will be a new status page showing how the Facebook platform is performing (and whether there are problems that might bog down apps).
- Applications will have to get direct access to users’ e-mail addresses instead of relying on Facebook as an intermediary.
- Facebook is building a new Developers Web site at (http://developers.facebook.com) with a product roadmap.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more