Psychic powers may have had a hand in Nintendo’s recent success in the games biz. This amazing find from an archaeological dig of an ’80s-era nerd’s basement proves the company saw the value in a dual-screen handheld game system almost 20 years before it would completely dominate the field [via Quarter to Three]:
As it turns out, someone out there realized the connection between the DS design and this original 27-year-old Game and Watch….
Check out this cool case mod for the original DS, which makes the system look just like its 1982 predecessor [via Kotomi]:
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
We should start asking Nintendo for lottery numbers.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties