Nothing like a little corporate forecasting to start the week, right? Ubisoft heads into December with a bang by unveiling the company’s plans involving Microsoft’s Natal technology and Sony’s as yet-unnamed motion capture device.
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot says that his company’s game plan (geddit?) will allot for nearly 10 games to support Natal once the tech launches — and they mostly won’t be some dragged-out sequel or spin-off title. Roughly 70% of the planned content will feature new IPs.
Additionally, four to five titles are in development for Sony’s mysterious new motion capture controller. No further information is known about the device, other than a few tech demos featuring what looks like the bastard child of a Spin Pop.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties