French mobile game publisher Gameloft has scaled back its investments in Google Android games. But the company is very excited about making games for the new iPad tablet computer from Apple.
Michel Guillemot, chief executive of Gameloft, said he believes in the iPad because it has a great design and Apple has a strong ecosystem. Apple showed off Gameloft’s Nova first-person shooter game, optimized for the iPad, on stage today. Check out our video interview with Guillemot.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties