Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
The deal is somewhat unusual one for San Francisco-based Playdom, which is the biggest social game publisher on MySpace and has acquired three other social game developers recently. Playdom raised $43 million in venture funding last year to fund its expansion; now it is taking $5 million of that money and putting it into another company.
MetroGames is based in Buenos Aires and is working on a pipeline of games, including those for its Metrogames.com social game platform. MetroGames has more than 30 games on Facebook and plans to release many more in 2010, said Damian Harburguer, chief executive of the company.
John Pleasants, chief executive of Playdom, will join the board of MetroGames.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties