Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
When embarking on your latest spacefaring escapade, be sure to pack a helpful amount of bear-strength pepper spray for those pesky mutants!
• In Dead Space 2, no one can hear you scream. Then again, I don't think any sound will get past that oversized grille of a helmet. [GameVideos]
Continue after the break for a look at the destructive add-on pack for Just Cause 2, an Air Force pilot doing the time warp again in Singularity, and a short walkthrough of Top Gun for the iPad.
• Just Cause 2's upcoming downloadable content unlocks more ways to shower chaos on Panau's inhabitants. Imagine: Somewhere in the far-flung world, an automobile-cum-weapons manufacturer thought that a small Southeast Asian island could benefit from the aptly named "Tuk Tuk Boom Boom." [GameTrailers]
• Those Air Force pamphlets failed to cover time-warp disasters. On the other hand, this trailer for Singularity emphasized a heretofore unknown perk for time-control device owners: free booze on demand!
• Remember that scene in Top Gun when Cole Trickle did a barrel roll in a flying car? No? Neither do we. Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" has got to be the most nostalgia-inducing song ever made.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties