Now that this year’s fall DEMO, the technology launchpad conference co-produced by VentureBeat and IDG, is winding down, we’ve chosen the strongest entries among the 70 companies who’ve demonstrated new products on stage. DEMO attendees (not demonstrators) selected their favorite company, and Dynamics won for its Card 2.0, a next-generation credit card technology. The win lands Dynamics with $1 million worth of free advertising from IDG magazines like Computerworld, PC World, InfoWorld, and CIO Magazine.
A list of DEMOgods — companies notable for specific categories — was selected by VentureBeat editor-in-chief and DEMO executive producer Matt Marshall and the conference team. As VentureBeat’s Anthony Ha put it for the DEMO Spring 2010 winners, DEMOgods were chosen “based on the awesomeness of their presentations, the quality of their product, and whether they were generally not jerks during the conference preparation process.” And for those of you curious, companies were indeed penalized for going over their allotted six-minute presentation time.
The DEMOgod winners are:
- Dynamics: Its Card 2.0 aims to modernize credit card security
- Veebeam: Lets you wirelessly share high-definition video from your computer to your HDTV
- VoiceBase: Lets you search, share, and store voice conversations
- Particle Code: Offers developers an easy way to build apps across multiple mobile platforms
- Delphix: Reduces database management headaches with its virtual databases
- Ether 2: Won the AlphaGod award for the Q, which can reduce network bottlenecks
View Dynamics’ presentation of Card 2.0 below:
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more