A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Disney lost one of its major executives today as Steve Wadsworth, the company’s digital leader, overseeing Disney Interactive Media Group (DIMG), has announced his resignation. In an e-mail sent to staff he wrote, “I have been thinking about this for quite some time, and while it is difficult to leave a great company, an exciting business and a wonderful group of people, my desire and excitement to pursue other opportunities is too great to ignore.”
Wadsworth was with Disney for 11 years and managed the digital and video game businesses with major successes like Club Penguin and the soon-to-be-launched Epic Mickey from Warren Spector. He also helped with the important acquisition of leading social games firm Playdom. See Industry Gamers for more.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties