Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
Activations of devices using Apple’s iPhone operating system for business far outnumbered those of Windows Mobile, Google’s Android operating system and Nokia’s Symbian, according to a report by Good Technology. The report did not include activations of Research in Motion’s BlackBerry operating system since RIM devices use only the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for corporate email access.
Not including activations of RIM’s BlackBerry line, the iPhone 4 accounted for more than 30 percent of mobile device activations for enterprise purposes, and more than 10 percent of activations were iPads. The next best non-Apple device was the Droid X running Android, which accounted for slightly more than 10 percent of all enterprise activations. iPhone 3G and 3GS activations also accounted for about 20 percent of all mobile enterprise activations.
70 percent of enterprise iPad users did not activate any other mobile enterprise devices, while the other 30 percent typically activated another Apple product like the iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS, according to the report.
But since July, there hasn’t been much growth in enterprise activations for Apple iOS devices. The operating system has consistently accounted for 56 percent of all enterprise activations each month since July, after rising from 44 percent of all activations in June. Android has fallen from accounting for 36 percent of all activations in June to about 28 percent in September.
Windows Mobile activations have more or less stagnated outside of government activations, the report stated. Monthly activations of Windows Mobile devices edged up only slightly between July and September. Monthly activations for devices running Nokia’s Symbian operating system rose slightly between July and September, as well.
Getting content noticed is a challenge for everyone making apps. Join us at DiscoveryBeat 2010 and hear secrets from top industry executives about how to break through and profit in the new cross-platform app ecosystem. From metrics to monetization, we’ll take an in depth look at the best discovery strategies and why they’re working. See the full agenda here. The conference takes place on October 18 at the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco. To register, click here. Hurry though. Tickets are limited, and going fast.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more