Structure Big Data, taking place in New York on March 23, will bring tech giants and startups together to discuss how companies can turn terabytes of “information into gold” with actionable data. VentureBeat readers save $100 and claim your spot now.
As you may have read in our coverage of Big Data, data scientists are the new wizards of technology. Companies such as Foursquare, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Bit.ly and IBM have employed or are actively recruiting for this position. Read more.
At Structure Big Data, meet some of the most celebrated data alchemists who’ve made a career of analyzing and interpreting data and finding new ways to derive value from masses of information.
Some of the data scientists speaking include:
- Jeff Jonas – Distinguished Engineer, IBM
- Alfred Spector – VP of Research and Special Initiatives, Google
- Hilary Mason – Chief Scientist, Bit.ly
- Bassel Ojjeh – President and CEO, nPario
- Todd Papaioannou – VP, Cloud Architecture, Yahoo!
For a list of confirmed speakers to date, check the Structure Big Data speaker list.
An Intelligent Look at Big Data – New Ideas. New Trends.
Other topics led by GigaOM editors and analysts will include:
- The Coming Revolution in Statistics
- Creating Markets from Your Data
- Spinning Out a New Business from Existing Data
- Hadoop Panel
- Supercomputing on Minimum Wage
See the current schedule here. VentureBeat readers save $100 when you claim your spot for Big Data today, and receive a complimentary research report from GigaOM Pro about the Big Data industry just after the close of the conference.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more