Web 2.0 Expo 2011: Unlock the Digital Economy
Web 2.0 Expo, taking place March 28-31, 2011 at Moscone West in San Francisco, brings together thousands of designers, developers, entrepreneurs, marketers, and business strategists each year and showcases the latest in web technology trends.
This year’s Web 2.0 Expo will reveal the key pieces of the digital economy and the ways you can leverage important ideas for your own success. We’ll apply the economic filter to data collection, social connections, social media platforms, browser successes, old media in new channels, and global commerce.
VentureBeat readers can save 20% on all conference passes using code websf11vb.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend Web 2.0 Expo This Year:
10. More Affordable to Attend: If you register with discount code websf11vb, you’ll save 20% on all conference passes this year. Need to convince your company to cover the cost? Let us help.
9. Keynotes with Industry Leaders: Come see Ben Horowitz (Andreessen Horowitz), Jonah Peretti (Buzzfeed), Susan Gregg Koger (ModCloth.com), Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn), Amy Jo Kim (ShuffleBrain), Jessica Mah (Indinero)… Oh, and about two dozen more keynote speakers on our main stage.
8. Ignite @ Web 2.0 Expo: If you had five minutes on stage what would you say? What if you only got 20 slides and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds? We’re going to find out at Ignite, a fun evening of “speed presentations” given by people like you.
7. Intense Educational Workshops: We’ve got a full plate of Workshops on Monday, March 28. Topics include effective Facebook marketing, failing faster (for startups), cross-platform mobile apps, scalable data storage, and more.
6. “Know Your Meme” Performs: Kenyatta Cheese and Elspeth Rountree of Rocketboom.com will take the stage to get you up-to-date with everyone’s favorite Web memes.
5. Expo Hall Booth Crawl: It’s back with a vengeance… and more beer. Come to our Expo Hall Booth Crawl on Wednesday, March 30 at 2:40 to meet the leading technology providers behind the Web 2.0 movement.
4. New This Year – Conversations: Instead of holding just traditional speaker-and-audience sessions, we’re also creating a handful of 50-minute round-table conversations that you can join. If you get into one of these sessions, you’ll be expected to lean in and join the conversation, not just sit back and listen.
3. Tweetups & Parties: We’re still scheduling our popular Tweetup parties and adding a full lineup of community events and chances for you to get to know your fellow Web 2.0 Expo attendees. Stay tuned for more details!
2. New This Year – Startup Showcase: Our official opening event for Web 2.0 Expo – Startup Showcase – brings together in one large demo room 30 startups, hundreds of Web 2.0 Expo attendees and a panel of judges from the investor community. Come see which startup gets picked as Audience Favorite and Judge’s Choice!
1. Extensive, In-Depth, Comprehensive, Leave-Nothing-Out Track Sessions: We have a session for just about every Web 2.0 query you could possibly have: Design & UI, Development, Social Media, Marketing, Strategy & Business Models, Product, and Big Ideas.
Register now with code websf11vb to save 20% on all conference passes.