A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Sony said in its latest blog post that its restoration of service for the PlayStation Network and Qriocity network is still several days away.
Patrick Seybold, a spokesman for Sony, has become the most polite person on Earth. After all, he knows that the PSN’s 77 million registered users, and the 24 million users of The Station PC online gaming network, are not the happiest campers now, as the PSN has been down for nearly three weeks.
He said, “I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored. At this time, I can’t give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process.”
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties