A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Microsoft has just announced that YouTube is coming to Xbox Live, making millions of user-generated videos available to gamers.
As part of a fall update of the Xbox Live experience, the company will also add Bing voice-driven search that works with Microsoft’s Kinect motion-control system. You can say “Xbox. Lego” and the system will search through game offerings for all Lego games available on Xbox Live. The Bing search will help with discovery of items that might otherwise get lost among millions of pieces of content.
Xbox Live will also bring live television to gamers. The company made the announcement at the beginning of its press conference at the E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles today.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties