Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
HTC‘s Status phone is a bit like a pug. It’s so ugly, and yet it’s so cute — and helpful for Facebook addicts. Despite all the design flaws (raised buttons are so 2000), you can’t resist the urge to pick it up and play.
HTC launched a new page on Facebook today for the Status, available this summer from AT&T.
This is the first device with a Facebook share button, “keeping you at the center of your social circle,” according to the company’s press release. One touch allows you to share music, photos, location and status updates. There’s also a live chat widget, the ability to do a one-touch check in at a location with Facebook Places, and the ability to share the music you are listening to directly to your Facebook wall.
Perhaps the most helpful part of the HTC Status is that when you get or make a call, you will see your friend’s or family member’s latest status update on the call screen. So if it’s their birthday, you’ll know. Doesn’t that make you want to scratch the device’s little “ear?”
There are front and back cameras on the device, along with the ability to edit photos in the viewfinder after they are captured. Another cool feature is the “Quiet ring on pickup” setting, which reduces the ring volume when you pick the phone up. A “Pocket mode” setting increases ring volume when your phone is in a pocket or bag and then returns the volume to a reasonable level when you take it out.
Here are the “Tech Specs” from HTC:
- Platform: Android 2.3 + HTC Sense
- Display: 2.6-inch touch screen with 480 x 320 resolution
- Network: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM
- Processor: MSM7227, 800 MHz
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 1250 mAh
- Camera resolution: 5 MP main camera with autofocus, VGA front-facing camera
Visit the HTC Status Facebook page for more device details.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more