Where does your enterprise stand on the AI adoption curve? Take our AI survey to find out.
I wonder if mankind can successfully exist in the future without suddenly unearthing an evil race of insectoids. It seems to happen quite frequently.
• You'll need skills, teamwork, and lots of glowing armor pieces for victory in Firefall. Thankfully, science-fiction synergizes well with a color palette that looks like a clown sneezed on it.
Continue after the break for a throwback to space-sims of yore in SOL: Exodus, the glint of Moonshade's poisoned daggers in Crimson Alliance, and Jetpack Joyride's take on eliminating workday doldrums.
• SOL: Exodus clearly draws inspiration from classic space-sims such as Wing Commander and Star Wars: X-Wing. I hope I won't have to endure through an unnecessarily elaborate check-in sequence with my inevitably doomed squadmates.
• Assassins typically exercise restraint, but Crimson Alliance's Moonshade doesn't mind bragging about her awesome ninja skills. "You'll never see me coming" becomes slightly far-fetched with those brightly glowing daggers, but it's semantics at this point.
• It's another eight hours of boring office work for Barry Steakfries — until one punched-out wall later, it's time for a Jetpack Joyride. I'm glad corporations eschew security systems for cavernous warehouses filled with floating coins using their grant funds.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties