Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
Why not kick off the scariest month of the year with some ugly creatures from Spider-Man: Edge of Time? Now with appropriate theme music!
• Swinging effortlessly among skyscrapers doesn't necessarily mean the same for time travel in Spider-Man: Edge of Time. On the upside, Spidey gets a rare opportunity for a cross-temporal, bro-tastic fist bump.
Continue after the break for the boards and blizzards of SSX, an inconspicuously yellow raincoat in Payday: The Heist, and the dangers of cake slices in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
• Dropped into a frozen tundra. Blankets of snow mask treacherous precipices. Odds of danger high. SSX's solution? Board that sucker to the bottom. Thank goodness no one opted for Bear Grylls' patented survival techniques.
• When not moonlighting as spokesmen for microwaveable seafood products, the criminals of Payday: The Heist combat the police with distracting rain gear. Not as intimidating garb as dead presidents or nuns, but a dry crook is a happy crook.
• Kirby can't even enjoy a single slice of cake without all hell breaking loose in Kirby's Return to Dream Land. His heartbroken glance at the sullied cake slice (around the :30 mark) tells us all we need to know about the priorities of a being whose deadly skill is eating everything in sight.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties