Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
The upcoming and heavily anticipated new Android phone from Motorola is reportedly thinner and faster than the iPhone 4S.
It’s also got a larger screen and will run on Verizon’s 4G LTE network.
Ladies and gentleman, we may finally have a phone that even the Apple fanboys and girls may grudgingly admit to be an iPhone killer.
Let’s take a look at the specs, as handed to Boy Genius Report by an anonymous source:
- Thinner and faster than the latest iPhone
- 4.3-inch display (iPhone 4S has a 3.5-inch Retina display)
- 4G LTE (comparable service will not be available for iPhone 4/4S users)
- 1GB of onboard RAM, which is twice the RAM on the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor (iPhone 4S features a dual-core A5 chip)
Here’s a weird, vague teaser video, which promises the phone will be faster, thinner, smarter and stronger… but it doesn’t come right out and say “…than the iPhone,” so it’s still painting a pretty subjective picture, even for advertising:
The device will be a Motorola/Verizon collaboration and will be called the DROID HD, the DROID RAZR (this particular throwback strikes us as silly, but we’ve seen sillier names for phones) or possibly the Spyder. The two companies are jointly announcing the phone’s launch next week.
The Droid HD may not be the top Android contender for long though. Judging from what we’ve seen of the Nexus Prime, Google’s latest flagship device, it will blow all others in specs. Samsung and Google are now planning to announce the Nexus Prime, as well as Android 4.0, on October 18 in Hong Kong.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more