Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
OK, developers, I get it. You're all too enthralled with the end-of-year big-budget bash to whip up easily procurable trailers. No matter — I'll just resume my second life as a pretty tiger princess in The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim until you feel like playing fairly.
• Saints Row: The Third is here, giving you the chance to become Steelport's local psychopath. Judging by how almost everyone else in this city is a deranged maniac, that's a challenging ambition.
Hit the break for taking the scenic route through America for your life in Need for Speed: The Run, shaping your destiny in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, and the backpedaling hero of Bullet Time.
• Race across the nation for the adrenaline rush of evading the fuzz while pursuing a fat sack of cash in Need for Speed: The Run. It isn't a typical day in New York unless someone drives the wrong way along the Brooklyn Bridge. It's like a hidden tourist attraction at this point.
• Destinies and twists of fate lie in the cards of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. If I see even one possessed child with a hair explosion start harping on cards in the game, I'm checking out.
• Every hour is bullet o' clock in Bullet Time. I'm not sure which particular part of human nature urges us to constantly erect settlements near hordes of robot cops and cowboy wizards.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties