Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
If someone were to walk up to you and they had no comprehension of games and gaming culture; and they asked you to define what games define games. Which one would you choose?
I know, an extremely tough question to answer. Where do you even start? Do you go back to the 70's and explain Pong or Pac Man? Or maybe the 80's with Nintendo coming to the forefront, and use a game like Super Mario Bros. or The Legend of Zelda, or even Metroid?
So what I am asking the community to do is pick 3 games. They can be any genre, from any gaming generation, and from any platform.
So here's my question: What three games define gaming for you and why?
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties