Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
You know that Angry Birds has reached a new height if people are so crazy about it they’ll create a Christmas light display dedicated to it — with 20,000 lights. Can you imagine how long it took to set this up? And you can actually play it with a controller.
It’s from Ric Turner, the same man who brought us the Guitar Hero Christmas Light game, and it’s set up outside his own house in Santa Clarita, Calif. It takes two computers, 10 Light-O-Rama 16-channel controllers, and more than 20,000 lights. It costs less than one cent of electricity per game. Audio is broadcast on 99.1FM. The controller has a long enough cord for people to play in their cars on the street.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties