With over 200,000 games in the market, for many developers creating a game is considerably easier than marketing and distributing an application. To address the issue, a team of industry leaders from VentureBeat, Best Buy, Trinity Ventures, Hooked Media and others have banded together to create this new contest to help developers gain wide scale distribution.
Through the Get Discovered! contest, game developers can enter for the chance to:
- have their game featured in and offered through Best Buy’s App Discovery Center
- receive funding and advising from Trinity Ventures
- win an advertising package from VentureBeat
Participating is simple. The only real work developers have to do is use the Hooked Media SDK in their game, which will integrate Hooked Media’s new discovery platform with the game. The result for all participants is increased game plays and recognition, so while not everyone wins the grand prize-everyone benefits. Register here.
Developers interested in participating in the contest are encouraged to check out Hooked Media’s website where you can learn more about integrating the SDK. Judging begins in the end of January with winners announced in March at a live event.
Judging the final competition will be Bradley Horowitz, VP of Product, Google+; Gus Tai, General Partner at Trinity Ventures; Dean Takahashi, lead writer for GamesBeat at VentureBeat; and Margita Labhard, Director of Digital Business Models at Best Buy.
Dates and deadlines:
- Games must be live in Android market by January 24th 2012
- Judging period January 24th 2012 – February 24th 2012
- Finalists notified by March 2nd 2012
- Winner announced at live event (Date to be announced)
The final event in March is by invitation only. Email email@example.com if you’d like to be included.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties