All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Some of these behind-the-scenes videos should tone down the exclusion a bit. Sure, showcasing the marquee talent always works, but where's the exposure for the voice actors providing the "ARGH" noises?
• Familiarize yourself with Mass Effect 3's cast of voice talent beyond Shepard's go-to social action of punching their characters in the mouth. Such an enriched science-fiction setting screams for the talents of Patrick Stewart, but Martin Sheen already fills the "men who don't age" slot.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Continue after the break for the jetpacks and jutting walls of Hybrid, the burden of managing lazy royalty in Crusader Kings 2, and trouble down at the docks in Shank 2.
• The Paladin and Variant factions in Hybrid both believe hanging from the ceiling like monkeys brings victory. I suppose gravity takes a backseat to mashing yourself against pieces of wall regardless of orientation.
• This Crusader Kings 2 trailer pays tribute to the timelessness of the bed- and couch-potato. If the criteria for royalty only involves flailing for half-expired food and rummaging through mail, then I've been king since age five.
• Even hardened sailors and dockworkers are soft enough for the knives of Shank 2. News coverage would have a field day with reports entitled "Bully bludgeons bandits with fish."
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties