Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
LinkedIn announced its earnings today, with revenue making an impressive jump up 105 percent, beating street estimates.
The company is a business-centric social network that aims to connect people for networking, job opportunities, resources, and more. In May of 2011, the company completed its initial public offering, to a good reception, but then leveled out in the third quarter. LinkedIn’s revenue topped at $167.7 million in the fourth quarter, 67 percent of which was revenue generated by the United States.
Thirty-three percent of total revenue has actually come from LinkedIn’s Premium Subscriptions. These are pay-to-play subscriptions for heavy users and job seekers. Sales are predicted to total between $840 million and $860 million for the year. The website was the 36th most visited web property in December of 2011, according to a report by comScore.
The company’s stock is up 6 percent in after hours trading. Check out more stats from LinkedIn:
- Fourth quarter revenue was $167.7 million, up 105% compared to $81.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2010
- Fourth quarter net income was $6.9 million, compared to net income of $5.3 million for the same quarter last year
- GAAP EPS for the fourth quarter was $0.06; Non-GAAP EPS for the fourth quarter was $0.12
- For the full year 2011, revenue increased 115% to $522.2 million from $243.1 million. GAAP EPS increased to $0.11 from $0.07 and Non-GAAP EPS increased to $0.35 from $0.24. Adjusted EBITDA increased to $98.7 million from $48.0 million
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more