It’s time for a sudden-death-style lightning round on the week’s news.
Day in and day out, we write fairly neutral coverage of these hot-button topics, but we’re real people, man, with feelings. And sometimes, we just gotta let our freak flag fly. So this week, we present to you a “love it or hate it” review of the following stories:
- Gee whiz, have you seen these leaked screenshots from Assassin’s Creed III?!
- A U.S. court is allowing cops to search your phone without a warrant.
- Facebook is starting to serve advertising in its mobile apps.
- Some experts at a security conference said we should hire the Anonymous hackers instead of arresting them.
- This startup had its idea stolen by fraudsters pretending to be in acquisition talks.
- Microsoft rolled out a free preview of shiny, new Windows 8.
- The Department of Defense is spending a whopping half a trillion dollars to prepare for cyber warfare.
We hope you enjoy; we’ll be back to our usual snarkery and in-depth op-eds next week. Have a great weekend!