Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Have you played the first Octodad? No? It's a short and delightful little indie title, can be completed in an hour, and it can be found for free right here.
Beat it? Good. Now get ready for its Kickstarter funded sequel, Octodad 2:
The sad news is that Octodad: Dadliest Catch doesn't release until 2013, a release window as wide and vast as the ocean from which Octodad originally sprang. If you simply can't wait for the sequel to the best undercover cephalopod simulator on the market, I suggest playing the original over and over while eating your favorite ice cream.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties