Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event. 


Looks like more than just consumers are excited about the new Apple iPad unveiled last week. A new survey from ChangeWave Research indicates that more than a fifth of businesses will soon buy a tablet, with the iPad as the most preferred device.

We’ve known for a while that businesses are strongly interested deploying iPads into their work flows. And hours after last week’s event, we analyzed how business demand for the iPad would intensify thanks to new features like 4G wireless networking and better graphics capabilities. But this new survey only further validates that business demand will continue to grow as the iPad gets more powerful.


The survey indicates that 84 percent of companies that plan to buy tablets in the second quarter will pick up an iPad —  leaving all other tablet manufacturers to fight for the remaining 16 percent. Samsung, Amazon, and HP represent the three top non-Apple tablet makers companies expressed interest in, but they are minuscule compared to Apple.

The 84 percent figure is a 7 percent jump from the last time the survey was conducted in Nov. 2011. As you can see on the chart above, companies have mostly been preferential to Apple tablets all along.

Will your company be deploying iPads in the next quarter or perhaps during this year?

iPad guy staring photo: Robert Nelson/Flickr

VB Mobile SummitVentureBeat is holding its second annual MobileSummit this April 2-3 in Sausalito, Calif. The invitation-only event will debate the five key business and technology challenges facing the mobile industry today, and participants — 180 mobile executives, investors, and policymakers — will develop concrete, actionable solutions that will shape the future of themobile industry. You can find out more at our Mobile Summit site.


VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
  • up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
  • our newsletters
  • gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
  • networking features, and more
Become a member