Facebook’s amended SEC documents today revealed the social network is bigger than ever — 901 million monthly active users, to be exact.
At this rate of acceleration (we were quoted 845 million MAUs just a couple weeks ago), Facebook will be one billion monthly active users strong before you know it.
The eight-year-old startup stated in its amended S1 that it sees around 526 million daily active users and 488 MAUs on mobile devices.
“We believe that we are at the forefront of enabling faster, easier, and richer communication between people and that Facebook has become an integral part of many of our users’ daily lives,” the filing reads. “We have experienced rapid growth in the number of users and their engagement.”
The 901 million mark was reached officially at the end of March 2012. This figure represents a 33 percent year-over-year growth from the 680 million MAUs the social network saw as of March 31, 2011. DAUs were up 41 percent, with 372 million DAUs posted in March 2011.
Other social stats show booming activity on the network itself: the company claims a whopping 125 billion friend connections on Facebook as of March 31, 2012 and around 3.2 billion “likes” and comments every single day during the first three months of 2012.
Here are some more interesting Facebook factoids we’ve gathered during the company’s IPO process:
- 80 percent of all Internet users in Chile, Turkey, and Venezuela are on Facebook.
- 60 percent of all Internet users in the U.S. and U.K. are on Facebook.
- 20-30 percent of all Internet users in Brazil, Germany, and India are on Facebook.
- 15 percent of all Internet users in Japan, Russia, and South Korea are on Facebook.
Unsurprisingly, zero percent penetration in countries that restrict Facebook (like China).
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more