A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
We’re delighted to announce the MobileBeat 2012 Innovation Competition, which will culminate with the winners being announced at the MobileBeat 2012 conference taking place July 10-11 in San Francisco.
In the proud tradition of the competition, we’re selecting the most disruptive mobile technologies to present on stage during the event — in front of at least 1,000 attendees. This year, however, our event focuses on beautiful design (and by this, we mean user interface, as well as experience), and so we’re using this aspect of UI-UX in our selection of candidates.
Read our post about how Design is the new battleground, and you’ll get the idea.
With design as our focus, our competition will have three different categories:
1) Tablet apps: With the emergence of tablets as such as powerful force in mobile, we’re holding our first-ever tablet oriented part of the competition. Show us how you’re taking advantage of larger touchscreens, as well as how you’re innovating beyond smartphone design. We’re looking for 10 tablet apps that will prove to the world why tablets are an exciting new computing platform, and not just a fad.
2) Smartphone apps: Here we’re looking for smartphone apps — be it native or web app — that best demonstrate innovative and beautiful design, interface, or overall experience. We want to see design that will make us either instantly put your app on our device’s home screen, or scream “wow” about your service and advocate for colleagues to use it too. Show us something that could be mistaken for a work of art.
3) Mobile services: Design isn’t just skin deep — the services that power the mobile revolution can also be elegant in their architecture. You could be using a hot new programming language, or a little-used API, for example. Show us how you’re creatively solving problems in mobile, and how end-users benefit.
At the MobileBeat conference, an expert panel and the audience will choose the winners of the competition. Winners will receive our coveted Tesla award (named in honor of Nikola Tesla, the scientist who discovered early mobile communication) along with other prizes yet to be announced.
Submit your app for the MobileBeat 2012 Competition here. Deadline for submission is 5:00pm PST on June 14.
We want to thank the industry leaders that are supporting MobileBeat 2012: W3i as Platinum Sponsor, Flurry, Tapjoy & YouWeb as Gold Sponsors, Greystripe & Nokia Developer as Silver Sponsors, and Game Insight, Kontagent, Nexage, Pontiflex, Swrve, Urban Airship & Apsalar as Event Sponsors.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more