Move over, Mario Kart: It’s Sackboy’s turn on the track. The official PlayStation Blog announced today that the beta signups are now live for the upcoming user-content racer LittleBigPlanet Karting. Interested? Head here for the application.
In development by United Front Games with series creator Media Molecule, LittleBigPlanet Karting sends the adorable Sackboy and his friends onto the asphalt in go-kart races spanning several modes, such as Waypoint, and Time Attack. Karting also incorporates the franchise-staple user-generated content, giving players tools to craft, modify, and share their own tracks, weapons, karts, and rules.
LittleBigPlanet Karting releases later this year at an yet-unspecified date for the PlayStation 3.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties