The Call of Duty franchise doesn’t skimp on patriotism. Of course, “patriotism” in this sense entails gamers enacting their civil responsibility of blowing each other’s heads off in the first-person shooter multiplayer arenas of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Now, and just in time for the Fourth of July’s equally strong emphasis on blinding explosions and loud noises, publisher Activision kicks off a week-long half-off deal for all downloadable content released for both games on the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. That certainly beats eating hot dogs smelling like lighter fluid all day.
Here’s a more specific list on the content packs going up for half the cheese:
- Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #1
- Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #2
- Black Ops First Strike
- Black Ops Escalation
- Black Ops Annihilation
- Black Ops Rezurrection
If getting your mitts on a bunch of new multiplayer maps (and zombies!) named after calamitous events at a discount isn’t enough, check this: A cut of your money funnels into the Call of Duty Endowment, an Activision-run charity for finding jobs for veterans.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties