Hot dang, the week is over! Here’s a brief run-down on what happened:
- Google bought Wildfire, the Facebook-focused marketing company. Say what?
- Facebook stock dropped to a new low. Sigh.
- Microsoft took Hotmail out behind the shed and came back with a Metro-fied Outlook instead. “Neat-o!” says reporter Sean Ludwig.
- The Apple v. Samsung courtroom drama continued to play out in San Jose.
- More from the legal desk: Craigslist is pummeling the handy PadMapper for stealing its data. “Suck it up!” says executive editor Dylan Tweney.
- On the awesome side, however, you can now order your own working, customizable mech. Japan, we love you.
Hey, if you’re in Mountain View, why don’t you stop by and say hey at the Iron Maiden concert tonight? Yeah, we’ll be there. Not a humblebrag, just sayin’.
We hope your own weekend plans are at least half as metal.