Hoo boy, what a week it was! Here’s what you missed:
- Twitter tried out some positive reinforcement of the right way to cope with its API changes and rolled out Certified Products.
- We rounded up the best apps for election season for all you wonk-oriented nerds out there.
- Speaking of the elections, President “I Will Pander to You Freaking Nerds So Hard” Obama showed up for an “Ask Me Anything” thread on Reddit. We say, not bad.
- Google filed a useful-slash-creepy new patent for object identification within videos.
- Y Combinator? So two years ago. Check out Yacht Combinator. It’s got Matt Mullenweg, Desmond Tutu, and a freakin’ lido deck.
- That pesky Apple-Samsung trial has a verdict. We’ll miss you, Judge Lucy Koh, but we’ll always have San Jose.
As always, we wish you lovely folks a very happy weekend. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to be sincerely nice to someone from the “other” political party on at least one notable occasion.