We are excited to bring Transform 2022 back in-person July 19 and virtually July 20 - 28. Join AI and data leaders for insightful talks and exciting networking opportunities. Register today!
Hoo boy, what a week it was! Here’s what you missed:
- Twitter tried out some positive reinforcement of the right way to cope with its API changes and rolled out Certified Products.
- We rounded up the best apps for election season for all you wonk-oriented nerds out there.
- Speaking of the elections, President “I Will Pander to You Freaking Nerds So Hard” Obama showed up for an “Ask Me Anything” thread on Reddit. We say, not bad.
- Google filed a useful-slash-creepy new patent for object identification within videos.
- Y Combinator? So two years ago. Check out Yacht Combinator. It’s got Matt Mullenweg, Desmond Tutu, and a freakin’ lido deck.
- That pesky Apple-Samsung trial has a verdict. We’ll miss you, Judge Lucy Koh, but we’ll always have San Jose.
As always, we wish you lovely folks a very happy weekend. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to be sincerely nice to someone from the “other” political party on at least one notable occasion.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Learn more about membership.