Developer 4J Studios, who’s handling the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft, has tweeted that the 1.8.2 update is “still weeks away.” Known as the Adventure Update on PC, 1.8.2 is the most substantial content update for Minecraft, thanks in particular to Creative Mode, which allows players to freely fly about and create anything they want without fear of dangers, dying, or resources.
Creative Mode spawned most of the world’s greatest Minecraft creations, and it’s something fans have looked forward to since the game’s release on the Xbox 360. However, I’m more excited about the addition of strongholds, ravines, and abandoned mine shafts, all of which will add some much-needed diversity to Minecraft’s subterranean exploration.
We’ll keep you posted as more details and a release date are announced.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties