TribeHR, a human resources platform that focuses on the social aspects of personnel management, has integrated with Facebook and LinkedIn. The new social features are designed to help employees show off their good work.
TribeHR sets itself apart from its competitors by helping HR managers foster and maintain a positive company culture. Popular features include the “kudos” button, which lets managers publicly praise staff-members for a job well done.
TribeHR has found this to be particularly useful for annual performance reviews. When an employee takes initiative, demonstrates leadership ability or develops a new skill-set, the software cross-references their annual goals. If they are meeting their goals, employees are notified and publicly credited. If not, they will be alerted about potential areas of improvement, and can discuss the issue with a manager during their performance review meeting.
With this new announcement, TribeHR has gone a step further to open the lines of communication between employees and HR. Employees can now share the positive feedback they receive by pushing the “kudos” to their Facebook timelines.
The Ontario, Waterloo-based software company recently pulled in $2.5 million to make it easier for HR to manage tasks and set goals. The software, which is most popular with small and medium-sized businesses, lets employees digitize processes like salary history, workplace records and performance reviews. It competes with talent management software companies like Taleo and SAP-owned SuccessFactors.
The company’s CEO, Joseph Fung (pictured left) believes that a shift needs to take place in HR so people are more important than paperwork.
“We are building a tool to help you find new people and help you keep them,” he said in an interview with VentureBeat. “We showcase leaders in an organization and not the people who are loud and public.”
The company hasn’t forgotten about recruiters, who rely on professional social networks like LinkedIn and BranchOut. With this new announcement, recruiters can connect with candidates that will fit in to an existing company culture, and are well-liked in their current job.
Other new social features include:
- LinkedIn Integration — When a candidate applies for a job, TribeHR automatically builds an applicant profile based off of their LinkedIn profile, and allows a HR team to rate, rank, comment, interview, and ultimately offer them a job.
- Facebook Job Posting — HR managers can now automatically update their company’s Facebook page with open job positions, and allow prospective employees to submit their applications through Facebook.
- Social Feedback — With the new social peer review feature, TribeHR can request feedback from anyone in the organization.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more