Tibbr provides an internal social network for companies and competes with big names like Microsoft’s Yammer, Salesforce’s Chatter, and Jive Software. But even with the heavy competition, it has still had fairly decent traction and has attracted such customers as Macy’s, Nielsen, KPMG, Shell, and OOCL. Now the company hopes to attract even more enterprises with the new features inside Tibbr 4.
“I think people are asking for more than what’s already out there,” Tibco president of social computing Ram Menon told VentureBeat. “They want context and intelligence surrounding their notifications.”
New Tibbr 4 features include:
• Insights — As you can see in the top photo, Insights is a handy feature that lets people discover relevant and important things happening in their networks. It highlights how many likes your content has, requests you’ve received and need to respond to, which users have updated their profiles, where users are checking in, and more.
• Social Profile — The new Tibbr social profile allows your info to be connected to the network’s social graph. Ideally, these profiles make HR’s life easier with better data about employees, and the feature includes ways to interact with public social networks too. It also lets employees find other people inside their companies who have expertise they need.
• Enterprise Social Graph API — This API tool lets developers tap into all the data being posted by employees. If used right, app devs could use this data when they build new applications for the workplace that mesh with Tibbr’s interface.
• Partner ecosystem and app store — Finally, Tibbr 4 includes what amounts to an app marketplace. Companies will be able to choose and distribute apps to their employees using Tibbr, and outside companies like Box, Badgeville, Teamly, and Fileboard will be able to write to the Tibbr API. For example, Box is integrated so you can access Box functions from Tibbr without opening a new tab in your browser.
Palo Alto, Calif.-based Tibco provides on-premise and cloud infrastructure software to more than 4,000 customers. Tibbr has 1 million paid users across more than 100 companies.
Check out a few more screens of Tibbr’s new design below.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more