iPad Mini models and prices have been revealed by someone with access to the internal system of Europe’s largest electronics retailer, Media Markt.
According to the screenshot, there will be 16 different iPad Mini configurations, starting at an 8GB WiFI model for approximately $250 U.S., rising to a 64GB version with cellular — presumably including 4G LTE connectivity as well as 3G.
The prices are an interesting comparison to an iPod Touch, which starts at $299 for 32GB, an iPad2, which starts at $399 for 16GB, and the newest retina iPad, which begins at $499 … all of which will force consumers to think hard about the exact mix of portability and product they want when purchasing. And they provide Apple a tablet price point at least within shouting range of Amazon’s we-sell-at-cost Kindle Fire, at $159.
But, in a very Apple-esque move, they are not aggressively challenging the $200 mark.
Here are the models, which anyone who’s looked at the current iPad versions will recognize. For each I’ve roughly translated the price from Euros to U.S. dollars, minus Germany’s 19 percent value-added tax.
- 8GB WiFi Black/White, $250
- 8GB Cellular Black/White $350
- 16GB WiFi Black/White $350
- 16GB Cellular WiFi Black/White $450
- 32GB WiFi Black/White $450
- 32GB Cellular Black/White$550
- 64GB WiFi Black/White $550
- 64GB Cellular Black/White $650
October 23rd seems to be the day for the big announcement, two days before Apple’s quarterly earnings will be released. Assuming these numbers are correct, we’ll see then what kind of value Apple is packing into the iPad Mini in return for $250 to $650 dollars.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more