Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
Hold on to your wallets; November 18 is rapidly approaching. That’s the day Nintendo picked for the U.S. release of its fancy new system, the Wii U.
The world was a very different place since the last home video game console came out in 2006 (the original motion-controlled Wii). Within the past six years, we’ve seen two U.S. presidential elections, three James Bond films starring Daniel Craig, and nine handheld Pokémon games. So it’s okay to feel a little rusty when it comes to hardware launches.
That’s why we compiled all of GamesBeat’s Wii U coverage in this handy post. If you have no idea what the Wii U is, or what it’s capable of, start with our comprehensive primer. Don’t know what games to pick up at launch? Here’s a complete list of all 23 titles. Otherwise, dive right in.
The 2nd Annual GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming Summit and GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2
January 25 – 27, 2022
- Why you should wait on a Wii U (review)
- Gadget lovers and gamers: Here’s a look inside the Nintendo Wii U
- Bricked Wii U owners will have to send their consoles to Nintendo for repair
- 10 Things you don’t know about the Nintendo Wii U
- The Wii U is (not really) battery powered
- What’s in the box? Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Edition and Pro Controller
- See how the Wii U’s size compares to the Wii’s
- The Wii U launch-title review round-up
- Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii U
- Nintendo Land
- Will Wii U players get an unfair advantage in Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer?
- Nintendo Land will make you hate your friends and family
- The Wii U could be a new home for indie games
- EA shows off smart Wii U GamePad tricks for FIFA 13 and Mass Effect 3
- Your Wii U won’t connect to the Internet? Here’s the fix
- Wii U video chat provided by Vidyo, which also powers Google Hangouts (and sees a $1B opportunity in Nintendo)
- The Nintendo Wii U Online FAQ
- The Wii U’s online service is an ‘empathy network’ — what the heck is that?
- Wii U’s browser is better equipped for HTML5 than Internet Explorer 10 on PC
- Nintendo’s touchscreen TV service for the Wii U plays catch-up (hands-on video)
- Nintendo and Wii U eShop impressing indie developers faster than Microsoft and Sony
- Nintendo’s Scott Moffitt tells us what we need to know about the Wii U launch
- Why Ubisoft has eight games coming for the Wii U
- Nintendo VP Scott Moffitt dishes on the Wii U’s $299 price, living room strategy, and more
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties