You’d think the World Warriors would be exhausted after 25 years of constant brawls, but no. Besides starring in 14 different titles of the main Street Fighter series, the martial arts legends have picked quarrels with other Capcom characters, powerful superheroes, and even fighters from rival game companies.
While none of the events that transpire in spin-offs like Marvel vs. Capcom or Street Fighter: The Movie count as canon, they are still interesting to longtime fighting fans.
I gathered 20 weird, ridiculous, and hilarious tidbits from the vast Street Fighter expanded universe. Click the image below to launch the gallery.
Check out my other Street Fighter articles:
- Inconspicuous differences between all versions of Street Fighter II
- Street Fighter rewound: 15 fun tidbits from Universal’s terrible flick
- 15 baffling Street Fighter II mysteries
- 15 bizarre Street Fighter Alpha mysteries
- 15 Street Fighter III peculiarities you may have overlooked
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties