A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
The following video starts out as an impressive mashup between the opening of the original BioShock and the same scene re-created in Minecraft. Depending on your allegiance to Katniss, it then takes a turn for (your opinion here) as the creators of the map discuss that this Rapture remake is actually a HungerCraft map. Hunger Games-inspired maps have become a popular subculture within the Minecraft community, leading to many livestreamed survival showdowns.
If you want to pretend that somewhere out there exists a remarkable single-player remake of BioShock in the Minecraft engine, you can stop watching around the 2:20 mark.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Top image via Minecraft.me
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties