Where does your enterprise stand on the AI adoption curve? Take our AI survey to find out.
At this point, we know how crucial Christmas and the gift-giving holidays are for mobile app developers. New owners of phones and tablets activate millions of new devices and hop online to download a slew of apps and games.
But what about Halloween? And Thanksgiving? What happens to the marketplace for apps on that day of football and stuffing and potatoes? (And now I’m hungry.)
App-tracking firm Chartboost revealed some of its data about the last four major holidays of the year.
The infographic runs below, but here’s some key data:
- Halloween: Advertisers paid 8 percent more on this day than any other day in October.
- Thanksgiving: Total advertising increased 17 percent compared to Halloween.
- Christmas: Users downloaded games at a rate of a million per hour — making this rate four times faster than game downloads on a typical Tuesday.
- New Year’s: Gamers played twice as many game sessions than on Halloween.
To the graphic:
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties