Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced the company’s plans for the Virtual Console on the Wii U.
Nintendo will add Virtual Console functionality in the spring after its next system update. Gamers will be able to play the games on the TV or on the Wii U GamePad. The publisher will also sell Game Boy Advance games for the first time on a home Virtual Console.
But what about all those classic Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Nintendo games you bought on the Wii? Well, you can “transfer” those, as Iwata said, but it will cost you a fee.
Instead of the $4.99 to $5.99 range for NES and $7.99 to $8.99 for SNES, people who bought the games on the original Wii can basically rebuy the titles for $1 (NES) and $1.50 (SNES).
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties