Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
Films based on video games (and vice versa) usually suck, but using game characters to recreate posters of popular movies works surprisingly well.
Take the image above, for example. I swapped the T. rex from Jurassic Park’s poster with Bowser, and the palm trees at the bottom with Super Mario World’s Valley of Bowser overhead map. Yoshi was my original choice since he’s a dinosaur, but King Koopa looks far more menacing.
Below I added 10 more reimagined movie posters that should please cinephiles and gamers alike. Hover the cursor over the picture to launch the gallery.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties