A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Silent Hill: Revelation, the sequel to 2006’s Silent Hill movie, takes us back to the horrific resort town — this time following Heather Mason and the events of the game Silent Hill 3.
Director Michael J. Bassett crammed as much fan service into Revelation as possible, including characters, locations, creatures, and more.
Hardcore Silent Hill fans will also spot references to other games in the series, like Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2 and Travis Grady from Silent Hill: Origins, but I’m only focusing on Silent Hill 3 for this feature.
SPOILER ALERT: The following images and captions are full of spoilers for both the movie and game.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Silent Hill: Revelation vs. Silent Hill 3
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties