The Transform Technology Summits start October 13th with Low-Code/No Code: Enabling Enterprise Agility. Register now!
FAKE GRIMLOCK has previously dished out advice to VentureBeat readers and gave us his take on what was actually interesting (and terrible) at CES 2013. He also revealed that he was taking his first steps into the publishing world by doing the illustrations for the book The Lean Entrepreneur. Now he’s going even further with his own book of helpful advice wrapped in a crazy presentation.
The book, ME, FAKEGRIMLOCK: THE BOOK OF AWESOME, is planned to be around 200 pages and the final result will depend on how much total funding the project receives.
Thus far, the project has raised more than $28,000 from 235 backers. Notably, one backer pledged “$10,000 or more” and will get an in-person visit from FAKE GRIMLOCK (and some other goodies) in return.
To get an idea of what the book will offer, here is its partial table of contents:
– BUT FIRST, THERE MORE
– MINIMUM VIABLE PERSONALITY
– BE ON FIRE
– STARTUP IS VISION
– DINO GUIDE TO DATING
– STARTUP YOU
– SECRET LAWS OF STARTUPS PART 1 (BUILD RIGHT THING)
– BECAUSE AWESOME
– SECRET LAWS OF STARTUPS PART 2 (BUILD RIGHT TEAM)
– WIN LIKE STUPID
– SECRET LAWS OF STARTUPS PART 3 (BUILD RIGHT WAY)
– HOW TO SOCIAL
– STARTUP HIPSTER IDENTIFICATION CHART
– BE PRO-AWESOME
– OFFICIAL FIELD GUIDE TO IDIOTS
– STARTUPS ARE WRONG
– HOW ME DID IT
– ONE MORE THING
FAKE GRIMLOCK tells us that he is “ALL THE PLEASED!” about the response to his book and that not everything about the book has been revealed yet. “THERE LOTS OF SURPRISES FOR NEXT 29 DAYS,” FAKE GRIMLOCK told us.
Photo via FAKE GRIMLOCK/Kickstarter
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more