As part Comixology’s effort to raise awareness about the creator-owned digital comics via Comixology Submit, the startup has teamed up with indie fan favorite artist Shannon Wheeler to illustrate the insanity that is SXSW.
A former Austin, Texas, resident, Wheeler is perhaps best known for independent comic book Too Much Coffee Man, but he has also gained attention for his work as a cartoonist for The New Yorker. (Also his comics are rad.)
Comixology has shared the first three digital web comics about this week’s SXSW Interactive exclusively with VentureBeat, and I must say they are both pretty accurate. (Especially the top one, which I’m fighting with right now.)
Check back soon for a few more comics from Wheeler.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties